Moorabool Wind Farm is committed to ensuring the responsible and compliant implementation of the project throughout the construction, operations and decommissioning phases. This commitment addresses the social and environmental impacts of the project through the application of:
- Specific management plans
- Targeted procedures and processes
- Environmental Work Method Statements (EWMS) are prepared to identify environmentally significant areas and establish appropriate mitigation measures prior to works taking place
- Consultation with local community and government agencies
- Ongoing review and monitoring to ensure
- achievement of the required performance objectives
- compliance with the planning permit
- identification of any areas requiring improved management, and
- corrective measures as applicable.
Potential social and environmental impacts have been assessed prior to the Project gaining planning approval. The planning permit sets out conditions for the project to mitigate any potential adverse impacts. Our environmental management approach includes a broad range of measures to mitigate potential impacts and ensure compliance with all approval conditions.
Environmental management is incorporated into all aspects of the project's delivery. Environmental processes and systems will be regularly reviewed to ensure responsible implementation of the project.
Key elements of our environmental management system include:
- Pre-construction modelling and constraint mapping
- The preparation and implementation of specific management plans required by the project approval
- Employee awareness training and site inductions
- Site specific procedures, implementation of adequate controls, monitoring and recording
- Post operation testing and compliance reporting
The Environmental Management Plans have been approved by the Minister for Planning prior to the project commencing construction, in accordance with the Planning Permit.
Bushfire Mitigation Plan
Electric Line Clearance Management Plan
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.