Round Six 2024 Community Fund Opens 1st May 2024
Moorabool Wind Farm is pleased to support projects and organisations that will provide lasting benefits to the local community neighbouring the wind farm through our Community Fund.
Round Six will open on May 1st 2024.
If you would like to apply be sure to familiarise yourself with the guidelines:
Moorabool Wind Farm is committed to the Moorabool Shire community and to strengthening relationships with the local community. The Fund is split into three streams:
- Community Grants
- Support for local students attending Federation University Ballarat
Each year, financial support will be provided for projects and students that will provide lasting benefits to the local community. The aim of the fund is to:
- Give back to the community in which Moorabool Wind Farm will be a long term neighbour
- Promote positive and long term results for the local community
- Promote sustainability
- Strengthen community connections
- Encourage social well being.
To date, Moorabool Wind Farm has invested more than $1,000,000 in the local community through its community funding, local sponsorships, and community partnerships.
In 2023 a Community Grants a pilot program was created where groups can apply for Sponsorship Packages. The three groups that were successful this year were:
- Ballan Cricket Club: 1- year Partner Sponsorship
- Gordon Football/Netball Club: 2-year Major Partner Sponsorship
- Ballan Football and Netball Club: 3- year Platinum Sponsorship
The remaining funds were allocated to the following groups:
- Moorabool catchment land care group
- St Pats Gordon, local primary school in Gordon.
- Ballan Historical Society
- Ballan Arboretum Group
- Ballan Community House
- BAF: Ballan Autumn Festival
In 2023 Scholarship Grants funds distributed $35,000 to 6 individuals studying:
- Second Year Nursing
- Certificate IV Building
- Year 9 Yuulong Program
- Post Graduate photography course
- Third Year Environmental engineering
- First year VCAL Electric Technology