Moorabool Wind Farm is committed to the Moorabool Shire community and to strengthening relationships with the local community.
Once the wind farm is operational, a designated fund will available on an annual basis.
Each year, financial support will be provided for projects that will provide lasting benefits to the local community.
The aim of the fund is to:
- Give back to the Community in which Moorabool Wind Farm will be a long term neighbour
- Promote positive and long term results for the local community
- Promote sustainability
- Strengthen community connections
- Encourage social well being
An application process and criteria for selection is being developed in collaboration with the Community Reference Group (CRG).
This process is community led by the CRG and will be similar in nature to a grants process, with strict criteria, required reporting and evaluation.
More information will be become available as the project progresses.
Moorabool Wind Farm has provided $200,000 of sponsorship to local community groups over the last 2 years.
One of the key aims for the project is to be considered as an integrated and valued component of the social and economic fabric of the community. The most recent successful groups are:
- Ballan Autumn Festival
- Ballan Football Netball Club
- Ballan Jockey Club
- Ballan vintage rally
- Ballan and District Men’s Program
- Gordon Community Fair
- Gordon Primary School
- Ballan Landcare Catchment Group
- Ballan Shire Historical Society
- Ballan RSL
- Mt Wallace Hall & Reserve
- Ballan Scouts
- Myrniong Music Festival
- Ballan Brumbies
- Ballan District Community Health
- Ballan Pony Club
- Ballan Preschool
- Ballan Primary School
- Ballan Stationeers
- Ballan Cemetery Trust
- Elaine Mechanics Hall
- Ballan Golf Club
- Ballan Cricket club
- Ballan Chamber of commerce
- St Brigid’s Primary School
- Ballan Bowling Club
- Mt Egerton Mechanics institute
- Gordon Tennis Club
- CFA Mt Egerton
- Farming Moorabool