Moorabool Wind Farm is anticipated to begin construction by mid 2018.
As part of readying the project for construction, the following activities will be undertaken:
- site construct-ability studies
- detailed design of foundations, hard-stands, access tracks and other infrastructure
- traffic and transport investigations
- environmental studies
- consultation with involved landholders and neighbouring properties and
- consultation with Council, VIC government agencies and other stakeholders.
Goldwind submitted the development plans and management plans for Moorabool North in May 2017 and they have now been endorsed by the Minister for Planning. The Development Plans approved are for 41 of the 50 wind turbine positions with the remaining 9 to be approved in due course.
The plans propose the latest model turbine from Goldwind, the GW136 3.S and stand up to 171m to the tip of the blade. See Map 1.
Moorabool North Wind Farm will be constructed in a staged approach:
- Stage 1A –public road upgrades – expected to begin MAY 2018
- Stage 1B – 41 turbines and associated infrastructure – expected to begin JUNE 2018
- Stage 1C – remaining 9 wind turbines
Zenviron have been the Balance of Plant constractor for Moorabool North.
Further information on construction and early activities will be made available prior to construction commencing in our construction updates.
Moorabool South Wind Farm development plans and management plans have now been submitted to the Minister for Planning for approval.
The Development Plans submitted are for all 57 wind turbine positions. The Development Plans have now been approved for 50 of the 57 wind turbine positions with the remaining 7 to be approved in due course.
The plans approved are for the latest model turbine from Goldwind, the GW136 3.S and stand up to 171m to the tip of the blade.
The turbine layout (map enclosed) is generally in accordance with the layout approved in the planning permit. Some minor changes to turbine locations (micro-siting) are proposed, for example to avoid cultural heritage on the site and to take advantage of minor technical improvements in the wind farm design. Some small changes to the internal road network are also proposed, for similar reasons. With these minor changes, the wind farm will be compliant with noise, shadow flicker and other permit conditions. See Map 2.
Moorabool South Wind Farm will be constructed in a staged approach:
- Stage 2A – public road upgrades
- Stage 2B – 50 turbines and associated infrastructure
- Stage 2C – remaining 7 wind turbines
Further information on the sequence of construction and early activities will be made available prior to construction commencing.