Moorabool Wind Farm is committed to the Moorabool Shire community and to strengthening relationships with the local community.
Each year, financial support will be provided for projects that will provide lasting benefits to the local community.
The aim of the fund is to:
- Give back to the Community in which Moorabool Wind Farm will be a long term neighbour
- Promote positive and long term results for the local community
- Promote sustainability
- Strengthen community connections
- Encourage social well being
The Fund is divided into two Rounds.
The Guidelines for the Fund are now available.
The first Round of $125,000 will open on 1st May 2020. Round 2 of $135,000 is anticipated to open late 2020/early 2021.
Applications will be accepted via this website using SmartyGrants.
Moorabool Wind Farm has provided $200,000 of sponsorship to local community groups over the last 2 years.
One of the key aims for the project is to be considered as an integrated and valued component of the social and economic fabric of the community. The most recent successful groups are:
- Ballan Autumn Festival
- Ballan Football Netball Club
- Ballan Jockey Club
- Ballan vintage rally
- Ballan and District Men’s Program
- Gordon Community Fair
- Gordon Primary School
- Ballan Landcare Catchment Group
- Ballan Shire Historical Society
- Ballan RSL
- Mt Wallace Hall & Reserve
- Ballan Scouts
- Myrniong Music Festival
- Ballan Brumbies
- Ballan District Community Health
- Ballan Pony Club
- Ballan Preschool
- Ballan Primary School
- Ballan Stationeers
- Ballan Cemetery Trust
- Elaine Mechanics Hall
- Ballan Golf Club
- Ballan Cricket club
- Ballan Chamber of commerce
- St Brigid’s Primary School
- Ballan Bowling Club
- Mt Egerton Mechanics institute
- Gordon Tennis Club
- CFA Mt Egerton
- Farming Moorabool