Moorabool Wind Farm is committed to the Moorabool Shire community and to strengthening relationships with the local community.
Once the wind farm is operational, a designated fund will available on an annual basis of up to $200,000
Each year, financial support will be provided for projects that will provide lasting benefits to the local community.
The aim of the fund is to:
- Give back to the Community in which Moorabool Wind Farm will be a long term neighbour
- Promote positive and long term results for the local community
- Promote sustainabilty
- Strengthen community connections
- Encourage social well being
An application process and criteria for selection is being developed in collaboration with Moorabool Shire Council and the Community Reference Group (CRG).
This process is community led by the CRG and will be similar in nature to a grants process, with strict criteria, required reporting and evaluation.
More information will be become available as the project progresses.
Moorabool Wind Farm has provided $100,000 of sponsorship to local community groups over the last 12 months.
Sponsorship is at the discretion of Moorabool wind farm and is to enable the project to be involved and prominent within the local community, prior to the Community Fund being in operation.
Further sponsorships will be available once the project enters construction, later this year. At this time, advertisements will be placed in the local media, in the Information Centre and on this Website.
If you would like to be notified directly, please contact us.
Moorabool Wind Farm is proud to be the Platinum Sponsor of the Ballan Autumn Festival Association again for 2018. The Festival was a great success once again despite the difficult weather conditions.
Congratulations to Breeanna (age 6) from Ballan Primary School on winning First Prize in the colouring in competition!
In addition, we are pleased to have had the opportunity to provide financial assistance and support to the following recent initiatives and events in the local area:
- Ballan and District Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards (5 categories)
- Ballan Football and Netball Club
- Springbank Football Club
- Gordon Football Club
- Ballan Pony Club
- Souper Tuesdays – Ballan Opportunity Shop
- Black Nite, Black Lite
- Mt Egerton School native bird and insect food garden planting
- Gordon Community Fair, Nov 12th
- Mt Egerton Newsletter
- Mt Egerton Bush Dance
- Ballan Jockey Club
- Ballan Brumbies Basketball
- Ballan Vintage Machinery Club
- Ballan Bowling Club
- Ballan Recreation Reserve
- Elaine Cricket Club
- Elaine Tennis Club
- Morrisons Cemetery
- Meredith Primary School – Mini Golf